GreenCHILLTM biomass powered cold storages, ripening chambers and pre-cooling chambers to store the horticulture produce before shipping it from farm site.
Incubated Since 2018 Headquarters New Delhi Sector Agriculture Sub-sector Food Processing
Senior advisor Ananth Aravamudan
"New Leaf Dynamic Technologies was founded with the vision of providing innovative and affordable cooling systems that use renewable energy sources. The company strives to improve and make a positive difference to people's lives by providing cooling systems that help them preserve the environment and help them achieve a better life.”
– Anurag Agarwal, CEO, Co-founder
The post-harvest wastage of vegetables, in India, account nearly for $6 billion annually, cutting in to the earnings of small farmers while wild unexpected price swings, take another toll. Large cold storage facilities are out of reach and unsuitable for the small farmers. Bringing down this wastage by 50%, is possible by incubating GreenCHILLTM off-grid & biomass powered cold storages to store the horticulture produce before shipping it from farm site.
Installing GreenCHILLTM having storage capacity of 5–30 MT, to meet the specific needs of fruits/ vegetable farmers, with different temperature chambers for different varieties of fruits/vegetables, their daily storage requirements etc. GreenCHILLTM shall be operated by farmers at their farm site with subsidy support. Government of India under the MIDH scheme gives a 35% subsidy to promote use of off-grid and renewable energy powered cold storages.
• Reuse the crop residue by converting it into pellets in one hour to run a cold storage for a day.
• Reducing the vegetable wastage by 50% and more, for farmers, thus increasing their income
• Keeping fruits and vegetables fresh for a longer period of time, maintain their hygiene and nutritional value and also reducing their wastage, empowering farmers with high negotiable value.
• Citrus fruits and melons can also be pre-cooled and ripened.